2021 Joshua Cup Jr. Team Match Play Championship
The Joshua Cup Jr. Team Match Play Championship is a 36-hole co-ed junior event featuring The Nationals vs. The Americans. Participants may earn an invitation through their performance in the Southern States Jr. Classics, and SBS Golf will also offer a limited number of special invitations to help accommodate siblings and golfers who have demonstrated a high level of play. Once the field is set, players are divided into two teams (Nationals and Americans), with an intent to continue the rivalries established in previous years. The Americans have won The Cup in three consecutive years under the leadership of Captain Chris Logan. The Saturday morning Welcome Meeting & Player Introductions is certainly a highlight of the weekend (featuring player walk-up songs), as well as the Sunday morning Family Fellowship Gathering. Participants will also enjoy team camaraderie, team uniforms, and intense match play competition!
Saturday, February 13th:
- Tee Times Begin at 10:30
- Matches will feature Boy/Girl vs. Boy/Girl
- The Front 9 is “Round 1” and will be played as a Scramble with each hole worth 1 point
- The winner of the Front 9 earns an additional 1 bonus point
- The Back 9 is “Round 2” and will be played as Total Shamble with each hole worth 1 point
- The winner of the Back 9 earns an additional 1 bonus point
- Front 9 = 10 possible points per match
- Back 9 = 10 possible points per match
Sunday, February 14th:
- Tee Times Begin at 10:30
- Matches will feature Boy/Boy vs. Boy/Boy and Girl/Girl vs. Girl/Girl
- The Front 9 is “Round 3” and will be played as a Modified Alternate Shot with each hole worth 2 points
- The winner of the Front 9 earns an additional 2 bonus points
- The Back 9 is “Round 4” and will be played as Total Shamble with each hole worth 2 points
- The winner of the Back 9 earns an additional 2 bonus points
- Front 9 = 20 possible points per match
- Back 9 = 20 possible points per match
Joshua Cup will be contested in accordance with USGA rules and Step by Step Golf local rules.
RTJ Capitol Hill
- 36 holes of team match play at the beautiful RTJ Capitol Hill
Legislator Course (Senator greens have been replaced and are extremely firm)
- Each player receives a team 1/4 zip pullover
- Sunday breakfast buffet included for Player and Caddie
- One player will be selected as the “Jason Nall Most Outstanding Participant”
- The winning team captain will select a player to take home the actual Joshua Cup for the next year
- Please Note: We are making several adjustments to the traditional itinerary due to COVID. Please see the Event Itinerary below for more details.
Attention Participants and Family Members: Please take note of the itinerary changes listed below in red. Due to COVID, we feel it is necessary to make these changes in an effort to put player and spectator safety as the first and foremost priority. We know there are several specific things (ex: player walk up songs) that make this a unique event and we are doing everything possible to offer the same type of experience this year.
All Times Listed Below are Central Time
Monday, February 8th:
- 7:00pm: Family Fellowship Gathering (Please make every effort to join this digital meeting and we promise to make it a special experience. We are in the process of booking our guest speaker and are excited about this year’s message.)
Friday, February 12th
- No official tournament events
- Players are encouraged to book practice rounds with their team members. Please contact your Team Captain for more information.
Saturday, February 13th
- 8:00am: Player check-in opens at the Tournament Information Center located behind the clubhouse (not the Marriott hotel)
- 8:30am: Player/Caddie Mandatory Meeting (upstairs conference room at the clubhouse). Family members encouraged to gather at the Scoring Deck behind the clubhouse in preparation for Opening Ceremony.
- 9:00am: Opening Ceremony begins on the Scoring Deck behind the clubhouse
- 9:30am: Player warm up begins
- 10:30am: First tee time of Round 1
- Sunday tee times posted one hour after completion of play
Sunday, February 14th
- No Family Fellowship Gathering
- 8:30am: Breakfast buffet opens in clubhouse (no charge for Player and Caddie). Spectators may purchase breakfast for $15 by visiting the Tournament Information Center on Saturday.
- 10:30am: First tee time of the Final Round
- Awards ceremony immediately following play
Monday, February 15th
- The Inaugural Adult-Child Championship
- Player check-in opens at 7:30am
- Scramble format, first tee time at 9:00am
- RTJ Capitol Hill (Legislator)
- Award Ceremony immediately following play
Step 2: Read the Withdrawal/Refund Policy:
Players are encouraged to remember this is a team event that requires a significant amount of pre-planning (teams, pairings, uniforms, etc…). Please consider your registration to be a firm commitment, with obvious exceptions for unexpected things such as illness or other family priorities.
- Withdrawals must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- Withdrawals received prior to 1/1/21 will receive a 50% refund, minus a $25 administrative fee.
- Withdrawals received after 12/31/20 are not guaranteed a refund.
Team captains will be announced on January 3rd.
Teams will be announced on January 5th.