1st Annual Lovebirds Challenge (2-Person Scramble & Couples Retreat)
Attention lovebirds! This event is for you. Join us for this 27-hole scramble over two days, including an incredible retreat-style setting. Each team will be a 2-person team of “lovebirds” and golfers of all skill levels are welcome. We’ll play 9 holes on the first day, enjoy free time in the afternoon, and then we’ll reconvene as a group in the evening for dinner, fellowship, and an awesome guest speaker/marriage seminar. Day 2 will feature 18 holes and the Awards Ceremony & Lunch. The scramble format ensures that all golfers will have fun and a chance to contribute to the team score and our “bogey is friend” policy promotes pace of play.
- All amateur golfers regardless of handicap
- 18+ years or older
- Partners must be “lovebirds” (married, engaged, or in a serious relationship)
- Special invitations will be issued based on availability
- 27 holes of golf for both players (cart and range balls included)
- Dinner, Fellowship, and Marriage Seminar on Saturday night for both players
- Awards & Prizes!
- A portion of your entry fee will benefit Step by Step Ministry
The 5-Part “Secret Sauce” includes:
- Team format: If you’ve never played team golf with a partner, you’re missing out! Start now with your lovebird.
- World Class Venue: Currently researching several PHENOMENAL options.
- Tournament Feel: First tee announcements, scoreboard, trophies, awards, and contests.
- Modified Rules: Rules will be modified to ensure golfers of all ages and skill level have an enjoyable experience. We’ll award a gross winner, as well as other “creative” awards so that all teams have a chance of winning something.
- Fellowship Gathering: The focus of this event is the investment in our marriages. You’ll be inspired and encouraged by our guest speaker and breakout sessions. This will be a life-changing event!
Saturday, April 29th
- 10:00am - Noon
- Players: please visit the Registration Table upon arrival
- 1:00pm -
- Round 1 Tee Times Begin
- (9 Holes)
- 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Dinner & Marriage Conference
Sunday, April 30th
- 8:00am -
- Round 2 Tee Times Begin
- (18 holes)
- Immediately Following Golf -
- Awards Ceremony & Lunch